Sunday, May 13, 2007

Days Five and Six

Friday night I did the level 2 day 3 workout from simplefit.org. So far it's actually been kind of fun. After reading over the workout again today I realized that I kind of did it wrong so I'm not going to post the time because I don't think it would be valid to compare against next week.

Saturday was a pretty interesting day. We decided to do some yard work and I figured I'd try to clean up the swamp/swimming pool. I was skimming this brown muck from the top that I can only assume to be algae when Trystin informed me that there was a frog stuck in the skimmer. After what was probably a hilarious sight to any onlookers we got it out of the skimmer and onto the other side of the safety fence. As I was skimming the top of the pool I looked down and noticed something that I thought was a forgotten pool toy which actually turned out to be a hibernating baby turtle. I scooped it out and stuck it in a bucket. For a short time I entertained the idea of letting the kids keep it as a pet , I had kept quite a few turtles as a kid. I decided that it would be better to just let it go, the kids barely take care of the fish and hermit crab they have now and I didn't want to have to purchase the tank and all of the other pet paraphenalia. He sure was a cute little guy though.

I did my 23 minutes of jogging last night around the pool once again. It's actually kind of fun so long as I can keep myself from falling in. I found the PodRunner podcast where each roughly 1 hour episode is a different BPM so you can pick a beat that suits your workout.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Could have made some sweet stew.